Dear Clients, Students and Partners:
Since the beginning of the pandemic, we have consistently been ahead of government mandates and have exceeded all public health recommendations in order to provide a safe environment for our staff and guests. Our team has worked very hard to ensure a safe environment here at Bredin, and as a result have not had an outbreak of Covid-19 at any of our four Bredin Centre for Career Advancement locations in Edmonton, Red Deer, Spruce Grove and Calgary. At the same time, we have made every effort to ensure all clients and students receive the high level of service and support they have become accustomed to from Bredin whether in-person, by phone, or virtually through online meeting spaces.
In response to the recent declaration of a public health state of emergency and recommendations announced by the Alberta government on September 16th, Bredin has made the decision to put into place the following effective September 27, 2021:
- All staff who are able to receive a vaccine will be required to submit proof of full vaccination by November 01st, 2021. Full vaccination is defined as a second dose having been administered at least 14 days prior.
- Beginning November 1st, all clients, students and other guests to Bredin offices will need to show proof that they have received a second vaccine at least 14 days prior to the date of their visit, along with picture identification.
- For those who are unable to or choose not to be vaccinated, we will continue to offer all of our services online. We are committed to providing support to all Albertans.
- All guests, whether vaccinated or not, will be required to mask, sanitize, and physically distance until further notice.
- Bredin staff will always be masked unless working alone in an enclosed space.
- We will continue to require guests who are not feeling well or are experiencing any symptoms of Covid-19 to reschedule their appointment.
- We will continue to uphold strict cleaning protocols to reduce the chance of transmission. We have maintained our enhanced cleaning protocols since the start of the pandemic, and will continue to do so in the future indefinitely.
When contemplating this difficult decision, we looked to Bredin’s core values to guide us. Our final decision closely aligns with three of our core values: Fostering Strong Communities, We Over Me, and Model the Way. We are proud of our amazing team, who continue to go above and beyond to support Bredin clients as we strive to live up to our Vision of Preparing Albertans for Economic Independence. We feel grateful for the support clients have given us as we adapted and changed our services over the last 18 months in response to the most current information available. We deeply appreciate your continued support.