Bredin CareerLink Program is assisting clients with various skill levels to assist them to participate fully in the workforce. Our program is designed to develop strategies and enable unemployed and underemployed Albertans to work towards and succeed in achieving their employment goals.
You are an eligible client if:
- You are a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or Refugee with an Affirmative Notice of Decision
- Currently unemployed or underemployed
- Currently collecting EI, EI Reachback (have received EI benefits within the past 5 years) or EI eligible (if you have not yet applied for EI, you will need to)
What we can do for you:
- Opportunity to develop the skills and knowledge needed to make the transition to the labour market.
- A client centered service where clients will work one-on-one with Career & Employment Coaches as well as Recruiters.
- Computer & Resource Centre will be made available to all clients that will include a library and technical resources.
- Variety of Workshops on Job Search Techniques, Labour Market Series and Communication and Leadership Series that can be completed individually or in a group.
- Exposure to the Alberta labour market through the utilization of Direct Employment Placement and Supports, Direct Job Matching and Unpaid Work Exposure.
- Build upon existing relationships with professional associations, employers, educational institutions, community resources and government and regulatory bodies to provide increased potential for short and long-term success.
- Supported Job Search, by offering to learn job search techniques, work one-on-one with a staff member while participating in an active job search and access a Job Finding Club that will provide the networking opportunity to meet other unemployed individuals.
- Once employment is secured, we will continue to support you in your job to ensure your success and support with any potential challenges that might arise
How to become a potential Client:
- Phone 403-261-5775 to set up a one-on-one appointment and meet with one of our Career and Employment Coaches
- Please bring the most recent copy of your resume with you, along with any other education or employment documents you think might be useful to our Coaches
Attend and Information Session:
Every Monday at 1 p.m. (Exception applies to statutory holidays). In case of statutory holiday on Monday, the information sessions will be held on the following day (Tuesday) at 1 p.m.
Please fill out the form below to register or contact us by phone 403.261.5775
This program is funded by the Province of Alberta