- Settlement support, including information and referrals for housing, counseling services, child care, language training and skills development.
- Assist newcomers to make informed decisions about their social needs.
- Referrals to other support services within the community.
- Workshops on topics including taxes, budgeting, Alberta Human Rights, and Immigrant Entrepreneurial Programs.
- Assistance in job searching, finding and retaining employment, and resume preparation.
- Job search workshops.
- Employment counseling (one on one).
- Ensure newcomers have an understanding of their rights and responsibilities in the Canadian workplace.
- Resource Centre: Provides job and career information, labour market information and job leads; internet, fax, telephone, and photocopier access; Daily newspapers, union publications, government services information; and help with job search questions.
1-Step Settlement Program Suite 500, Capital Place
9707 – 110 Street
Phone: (780) 425-3730
Fax: (780) 426-3709
Toll Free Phone: 1.877.273.3461